Saturday, September 2, 2017

Quilt Shot Block #94~ Corner Log Cabin

Corner Log Cabin
12½ inch block

 I'm thinking of a cabin on the corner.
 
 
I had this block in my head for a while.  
Then I came across the block in an old magazine and they called it "Quarter Log Cabin."
 As I sort through scraps, sometimes I take the time to cut pieces and add to these piles.
 
 From the 2½ inch square pile,
I pulled the traditional red square for a log cabin beginning.
 
 I kept adding 2½ inch strips from my box to only 2 sides until a 12½ inch block was made.

 


***
Possible quilts
 
Using the right shades of dark colors could produce a 3D effect.

 
 Every other block, turned Clockwise once.

 
Red corners together.
 
Outside strips meet.
 
 Red meet and outside row meet.

Random

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see the possibilities from this block. Amazing what a few scraps can produce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting set of combinations with that block!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.