Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thoughtful Thinking Thursday #51 ~ Aunt's Memory Quilt

I thought I was going to get started on a new memory quilt last week.
Instead, the pieces spent time on my cutting table as I still pondered the design 
these pieces would become.
I laid them out in all different arrangements and contemplated.
I spread them out and soaked in the colors.
I unfolded and dreamed of the amount of fabric.
Should pieces become a part of a quilt block,
or appliqued to retain it's own shape for memory purposes?
How do I integrate my surprise piece I'm adding?

This much I've determined:
This bird will stay intact and become the center of the quilt.
I think.
******************************
Do you have any thoughts?
Think about it.


 *******************
Thanks to:
Photoscape for downsizing, watermarking photos & editing.


***********************
Please see my "Linky Parties" link above











1 comment:

  1. Boy you've got a your work cut out for you. Those aren't easy pieces to work with. The bird would definitely need to be the focal point...somehow. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.