Monday, June 30, 2014

Purse Organizer/Coupon Holder: Unique Construction

    I enJOY making these, because of how they "turn out" like magic.  The way you lay the fabrics together is a unique process to other ways I've seen.     
     This is a revised tutorial from one I wrote in 2012 as my very
first guest post which was for Whimsy Couture.
  That post is now hard to find, so I'm reposting here, because I think you might like to try out this new technique.


**************************

You will need 4 pieces of fabric:

It will take less time to sew than to pick out fabrics and cut.
Just follow this picture labeled tutorial.




Now the magic happens. This "turns" into a coupon holder.

 Turn it over and see the 2 pockets.







 Three organizers together can help keep all those membership cards, a pack of batteries for hearing aids, receipts & all those other small items from floating around in your purse.
These are hand size which makes them easy to move from one purse to another.

Whimsy Couture has been revised and offers several free tutorials and free patterns.
******************************
This post has been featured @
Be A Crafter xD
 **********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page





12 comments:

  1. This is very cool! I will definitely be trying it! Visiting from Marelize's Anything Goes Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this and how easy to do too. This would really come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great organizer! I love how it keeps everyhing nestled together, purses junk up so fast! Thanks for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday! - Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these so clever and the patterned fabric you chose is perfect for them! You really make me wish I could sew when I see gorgeous projects like this! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am so impressed. What a great idea, great for travel documents and travel sized toiletries. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute project, Joy! Love it and it's perfect for gifts.Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this tutorial. Missed it the first time round. I'd like to try it, it's so clever! I took the liberty of linking to this post on a French quilters forum. I hope you don't mind. If you do, let me know, I'll remove the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beatrice, I don't mind at all. I take it as a compliment that you wanted to share this tutorial. Thank-you.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for many fab sewing tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fabulous idea, Joy and would definitely save time when changing handbags, not to mention losing small things in the bottom of large bags.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really nifty, loved it so much I just pinned. Thanks for sharing this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.