Saturday, June 7, 2014

First Day of the Rest of My Life ~ Beginning 4th Year of Retirement

Today I start a new book, because its the anniversary of the first day of my retirement, although teachers really don't feel like they've retired until the first day of the school year you don't teach.
These journals simply contain the itinerary of each day since retirement.
It does not include thoughts, if I can help it.  That's in another journal.
On the inside cover, I note major events such as purchase of automobile, electronics & appliances with their warranty dates.

You may think this is silly, but I can't tell you how many times I have gone back through these books to see when I did something.  For example, last Dr. appointment or auto service.  I do usually include approximate time of day and foods that I eat, new medicines, and how my body felt. These notes help me find out if there is a pattern of food/medicines causing health problems. 
 
This book does go on our trips.  I have already enJOYed looking back to where we have been and it does amaze me.
 
I've also read this type of activity helps keep your brain active which is something one wants to do to ward off dementia?
 
This ritual occurs at bedtime along with my devo and my thought journal.... if I have any thoughts for the day.  I had read this helps put your mind at rest and makes for a better sleep. 
Hmmmm...... depends on the day you have to write about.....I think.

**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page



2 comments:

  1. that's a really great idea. I have quite a few years left before I can consider retiring but believe me it doesn't stop me from thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting thing to do Joy, it must be nice to look back and see where you have been too. ~Diane.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.