Friday, August 16, 2013

Reversed IKEA Knockoff- Muslin Chandelier Shade

 Most of us PIN ideas from a site whether it be a personal or business site and then do a knockoff.  Well the reverse has happened to me! (I feel.)

Over a year ago, on February 18, 2012, I posted the Muslin Chandelier Shade. You can find my tutorial there.

 Yesterday, we took a trip to IKEA.  We hadn't been since they had finished their new set up this past spring.  I discovered something I don't believe IKEA was offering a year ago. IKEA had created a knockoff of MY design.
Yep, it certainly appears to be made from muslin. They also had a much longer shade as well. I must admit, not a bad price, but mine was basically free since it was muslin I inherited from my Grandmother.
*****************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo


3 comments:

  1. I like both finishes of this lamp, both yours and IKEA's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever, now IKEA is copying YOU!!! I love the look of yours, just take it as a compliment.
    But a little credit would have been nice! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they read your blog. :D Thanks for sharing your fun inspiration.
    p

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.