Sunday, July 22, 2012

6 Bags of Scrap Fabric

   I found a new book case that matched my sewing furniture and moved out a couch upstairs, so I've been moving the sewing room around and trying to organize a bit more.  While on the 400 mile yard sale, I bought 6 bags of beautiful scrap fabrics, some of which were a decent size, and some already cut in strips.  They filled a whole shelf and more.


Mr. G. found this mug and I agreed I needed it.  He also found a sign I should have gotten that said, "Home is where I keep my fabrics while I'm out getting more fabric."

So its birthday time again and one very belated birthday for Mr. G's Grand Daughters.  I had planned to make more AG doll clothes, but when I looked through my patterns and found some Barbie doll pattern instructions I'd copied from "Craftiness is not Optional," I thought what a great opportunity to use some of these scraps.
 

Before I knew it, I was at the sewing machine for 6 straight hours before I looked up at the clock!

And why not go ahead and make the gift bags as well with my signature?

I've got an upcoming tutorial for a couple of changes I have to the directions given by Jess in her fabulous tutorials for making the B doll clothes.  Note the link I'm giving is only for the dress.  To find the top & skirts, you'll need to choose "New Posts" at the bottom of the page.

You'll find this post at several Linky Parties. Please check them out for some great ideas. 


6 comments:

  1. Your craft room is packed with fabric and mine is packed with yarn. So? Who cares? While looking at your previous post about covered bridges, it brought back memories of my second date with my husband. We walked through the covered bridge at the now defunct PTL in Fort Mill, SC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cup and the sign you didn't get. Great job on the Barbie Doll clothes. I don't sew so was never able to make any for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, its never too late to learn how to sew. Wish I had a big room or basement to set up to teaching folks how to sew. I fear it to be a lost art someday for folks to make their own clothes. Fabric is becoming so overpriced.

      Delete
  3. The perfect mug... LOL!!! And that fabric was a fabulous find!!! Cute little Barbie outfits. You are very patient. I find them so fiddly to sew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know anything about fabric, but you certainly got a lot of it! That 400 mile sale treated you well!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.